Friday 30 November 2012

29th and 30th November - Front Cover Production

29th November: I started my front cover by inputting the magazine title "Indie" in the font Elephant. I then opened the blending options to make my font slightly different as a title font on a magazine needs to be a unique font.
I set a drop shadow on the text in Burgundy to create a slight haze around the letters.

I then added a pillow emboss to create a slight 3D effect on the lettering.
I then added my positioning statement and edited it accordingly. I also added a navy blue bar across the bottom to allow me to add my "PLUS" section.

I then added a barcode onto the cover just next to my magazine title.

30th November: I added all the "Plus" section text on the bottom of the page and resized my magazine title and positioning statement.
 
 

 

I typed up and positioned my main coverline onto my front cover. And afterward I added my smaller coverlines.

 
 
 

 The next step was to add my issue number, date and price of the magazine. So i created a text box for each of these bits of text and added them onto my page.


 
 
My main coverline didnt really fit my cover image so I had to decide on another one which linked to the photo. I also needed to change its font size as the font size was too small. The modifications i made were: change in coverlines, adding of an extra coverline, change in font size and relocation of the coverlines.


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment