Tuesday 4 December 2012

3rd and 4th December - Front Cover Production

Monday 3rd December: Today I wanted to work out and edit my cover photo and try and get it onto my cover.

After importing my chosen cover image >> 
I used the magic want tool to cut out my main image so it could be over the title and could be placed over a background.
 
I then inserted my cut out image onto my cover design and layered it onto my cover, above the magazine name "Indie" and below all the other layers.
 
 
Tuesday 4th December: I added a shape onto the corner of the magazine to fill in the large gap, but then I discarded it because it does not follow the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover. 
 
 
After removing the shape from the corner, I decided to tilt my main image to give my cover a more interesting and appealing look. I also changed the coverline again to fit in more with the cover image as it is now.


 
As the plain white background was quite boring I decided to insert some shapes in the background to give it a more exciting look and to make it less boring.
I added a circular "splat" which made the background less boring.
 
 
I then decided to add another "splat" in a different shade of blue to contrast with the initial lighter blue shape.
Finally I required to place an object in the top right hand corner so I decided that, as my Indie magazine is a new magazine it would place a shape with "New" inside to attract people to the attention that it is a new magazine, and therefore filling in the gap.
I first inserted an elipsis shape to place my text into.

I then added my text which said "NEW".

No comments:

Post a Comment